JPS Labs Aluminata Reference Power Cord – $3,999 US Retail in 2.0m Length. While this is not a inexpensive power cord, it is certainly not the most expensive cord we have seen and heard… and among top of the line big bucks cords, the JPS Labs Aluminata AC cord is one of the best (at a price that is often lower than other companies “best” power cords) out there. What makes the Aluminata AC cord so special? Special and unique to JPS Aluminata series cables – a aluminum particle shield is used in conjunction with special dielectric materials, and JPS Lab’s Aluminoy conductors (which you can read about it more detail on JPS’s Aluminata page we have linked to below) among other neat stuff to deliver a power cord that has exceptional clarity, dynamics, coherence, and black background that does not strangle or thin put tonal character. It is a pretty amazing cord to hear and if you have a really good power conditioner – it is not as good as you think it is until you have one of these powering it! A great cord for power amps large and small and front end gear as well. Its a heavy bugger (5lbs for a 2.0m cord with all that aluminum in the particle shield), but it is terminated with excellent connectors for a good tight connections. It can be had in terminations for most any country. Shorter lengths are available than 2.0m (1.0m minimum length – subtract $400 US retail for each 0.5m short of 2.0m) and lengths beyond 2.0m are not a problem as well (add $800 US Retail for each 0.5m beyond 2.0m). Given the nature of the Aluminata Reference AC Power Cord’s design – each cord is hand made (in the USA of course!), so please contact us for available and pricing on lengths other than the normal 2.0m length.
Aluminata AC Cable Specifications:
- Huge 8 AWG/8.36 mm2 custom wound finely stranded copper alloy conductors.
- The only AC cable in the world engineered with a Kapton® dielectric (unique characteristics compared to any other cable).
- Given a 15 amp circuit under full load through this cord, a 2 meter long cable only drops 0.06 volts. Max. 14,000 watts continuous, 48,000 watts peak power (240 V).
- Quad anti-resonant design eliminates vibration and room acoustics from transferring to the component.
- Particle Aluminum Shield (PAS) is approx. 0.5″/12 mm thick and effectively shields and absorbs environmental and component noise- In our humble opinion, there is no better shield available on any cable on planet Earth.
- Heavy Gold plate Wattgate AC wall plug and IEC connector for maximum long-term connection integrity.
- Cable made and assembled in the USA by a highly skilled master technician.
- Overall cable weight is 5 lbs/2.2 kg in the standard 2 meter length- flexible and easy to connect.